Sam at play
Sam enjoys walking his dogs, barbecuing and home brewing his next batch with family and friends.
senior staff engineer
"PARADIGM is a great company to work with because of the knowledge and experience of senior management, the diversity of clients, and the variety of challenging projects we work on every day."
Sam has always wanted to work with buildings and design. Taking from the inspirations of his grandfather's strength and dedication to his family, while aspiring professionally with work admired by Dr. Chen and Dr. Dutta to enter the structural engineering profession, Sam found his niche!
Sam at work
Education and Professional Associations
- M.S., Structural Engineering, San Francisco State University
- B.S., Civil Engineering, San Francisco State University
- Richardson, Sam, and Cheng Chen. Numerical and Experimental Evaluation of a Model Accuracy Indicator for Hybrid Simulations Involving Model Updating. Proc. of Proceedings of the 16th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Chile, Santiago. (2016)
- Richardson, Sam, Cheng Chen, Hezareigh Ryan, Weijie Xu, and Tong Guo. Frequency Domain Based Assessment of Actuator Tracking for Real-time Hybrid Simulations Involving Strength and Stiffness Degradation. Proc. of Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference 2015, Stanford University. (2015)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (SEAONC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Earthquake Engineering Reasearch Institute (EERI)
- Non-linear analysis
- Online Model updating of Hybrid Simulations