Jake at play
Jake enjoys spending quality time with the family. His strong family values have led him to dedicate volunteer time with senior dogs in need of hospice. Jake is also an avid photographer who can be found on a weekend trek into the landscape of California.
Jake Avella, P.E.
"I've always enjoyed understanding how things work and are built, which led me to develop a deeper understanding for structural engineering, which became the perfect fit for me."
Jake enjoys working at PARADIGM as it affords the opportunity to work on a variety of markets and project types, while creating an opportunity for continuous professional development through in-house seminars.
Jake at work
Education and Professional Associations
- State of California, Professional Engineer, C84533
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Emphasis in Structural Engineering and Structural Mechanics, University of California, Davis
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Gonzaga University
- Member, American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- Member, Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (SEAONC)
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Seismic retrofit of existing structures