Kurt at play
As an outdoor enthusiast, Kurt enjoys California's sunshine with the integrity of a good Ironman Competition, a cold swim in the Bay, biking summits with breathtaking vistas, and running where the road may take him. His next Ironman competitions will take him to Houston, Texas and Mt. Mont Tremblant in Quebec, Canada. Whats next?
During the Winter months, Kurt enjoys taking on the challenge of driving to as many snow topped mountains via snowboard or ski.
Family time is very important and travel with his daughters have found them in interesting parts of the world, educating them on a variety of cultures. As a wine aficionado, Kurt enjoys a good vintage along with the process of making his personal batch and hoping it's a good year.
Kurt Lindorfer, S.E.
“Founding PARADIGM Structural Engineers made me one of the lucky ones in this industry. For most people, passions remain a hobby, but for the past eighteen years, I’ve been able to eliminate that division and do what I love every day.”
Bay Area born and raised, Kurt’s professional engineering career spans 35 years. It has taken him to over ten countries to evaluate seismic hazards, remediation and probability of ground shaking.
For over 18 years as the Founder and leading Principal at PARADIGM Structural Engineers, Kurt has made it his mission to continuously provide clear communication, accessibility and technical support, which encourages our clients to continue to specify PARADIGM as their structural engineering firm of choice.
Importantly, Kurt is focused on mentoring skilled and strong structural engineering talent with a successful team environment attitude. Go team!
kurt at work
Education and Professional Associations
- California Civil Engineer, CE 39723
- California Structural Engineer, SE 3157
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of California Davis, 1982
- Licensed Structural Engineer in the following States:
- Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania,Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (SEAONC)
- 7x24 Northern California Chapter, Member
- Existing Buildings Committee Chair 1996-1997
- Previous Chair, SEAONC Existing Buildings and Seismology Committees AISC
- Presenter, AIA San Francisco
- Speaker, AIA Santa Clara Valley, San Diego, and East Bay Chapters
- Author, Seventh U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering
- Author, Eighth U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering
- Performance Based Engineering (PBE) Design
- Non-Linear Analysis
- Development of Alternative Lateral Force Resisting Systems
- Conceptual and Preliminary Project Development
- Creative Solutions and Technical Execution
- Select Market Sectors:
- Mission Critical Data Center
- Life Science, Laboratory, Clean rooms
- Seismic Retrofit
- Retrofit of a Metropolitan Midrise to Improve Torsional Response Using Nonlinear Fluid Viscous Dampers
- Seismic Rehabilitation of "Pre-Northridge" Steel Moment Frame Buildings Incorporating Fluid Viscous Dampers
- Seismic Rehabilitation of "Pre-Northridge" Steel Moment Frame Building to Achieve Immediate Occupancy.
- Virtual Base Isolation by Building Softening with Drift Control Provided by Fluid Viscous Dampers