PARADIGM Structural Engineers is a distinguished and progressive structural design firm located in downtown San Francisco. PARADIGM provides ground-up design and seismic retrofits in many market sectors including Mission Critical, Life Science & Biotechnology, Healthcare, Education, Commercial & Retail, and Hospitality. PARADIGM has projects throughout the United States, exposing us to a multitude of design challenges requiring creative, intelligent solutions.
PARADIGM is seeking a Client Development Manager to join our team. This role would include 70% client development and relationship management and 30% marketing coordinator functions to maintain proposals, design and submit qualifications, and maintain the client relationship management database.
Characteristics and Attributes
- Energetic self-starter, strategic and highly organized
- Outgoing demeanor with a passion for collaborating with technical professionals
- Self-confident in ability to offer suggestions and possesses the emotional intelligence to understand how new or changes in initiatives may impact the firm overall.
- Monitor client activities to create recommendations and identify and/or develop new opportunities.
- Collaborate with and support Principal and key technical professionals in support of firm’s strategic business development goals
- Track and coordinate follow-up on all project opportunities in QuickBase (firm CRM/accounting software) and conduct client research, as needed
- Coordinate and perform intelligence-gathering to deepen understanding of key markets, clients, strategic partners, and competitors
- Identify and implement targeted client engagement initiatives (conferences, speaking engagements, etc.) to support market sector business plan targets
- Conduct client feedback on proposal efforts
- Respond to general inquiries and direct project leads to appropriate technical team member
- Maximize firm exposure and serve as an ambassador of the firm at key events.
- Identify engagement and exposure opportunities in the local design and civic communities
- Provide client related input for proposals and presentations to ensure messaging is client- focused and relevant
- Manage qualification material, coordinate PR/e-blast material, maintain marketing material and seek out additional marketing initiatives.
- Work with Principal on strategic planning efforts and Excel spreadsheet input and analysis.
- Facilitate, organize the annual charitable event.
Key Experience, Education and Background
- Minimum 7 – 10 years of experience in a professional services marketing environment, with a preference for architecture or engineering services
- Degree in Marketing, Architecture or related fields; technical background a plus
- Experience in implementing a client development and retention process. This experience should include opportunity/client research, lead tracking and follow-up as well as data analysis and reporting
- Experience in creating and implementing training/mentoring programs for technical staff, with a preference for business development and client retention
- Intermediate understanding of Adobe InDesign Creative Suite, Excel, and Database Management
- Superb grammatical and writing skills