PARADIGM Structural Engineers is a distinguished and progressive structural design firm located in
downtown San Francisco. PARADIGM provides ground-up design and seismic retrofits in many market
sectors including Mission Critical, Life Science & Biotechnology, Healthcare, Education, Commercial &
Retail, and Hospitality. PARADIGM has projects throughout the United States, exposing us to a multitude
of design challenges requiring creative, intelligent solutions.
PARADIGM is seeking a Business Development/Marketing Director to join our team. This role would
include 70% client development and relationship management and 30% marketing coordinator
functions to maintain proposals, design and submit qualifications, and maintain the client relationship
Characteristics and Attributes
- Energetic self-starter, strategic and highly organized
- Outgoing demeanor with a passion for collaborating with technical professionals
- Self-confident in ability to offer suggestions and possesses the emotional intelligence to understand how new or changes in initiatives may impact the firm overall.
- Monitor client activities to create recommendations and identify and/or develop new
- Collaborate with and support Principal and key technical professionals in support of firm’s
strategic business development goals
- Track and coordinate follow-up on all project opportunities in QuickBase (firm CRM/accounting
software) and conduct client research, as needed
- Coordinate and perform intelligence-gathering to deepen understanding of key markets, clients,
strategic partners, and competitors
- Identify and implement targeted client engagement initiatives (conferences, speaking
engagements, etc.) to support market sector business plan targets
- Conduct client feedback on proposal efforts
- Respond to general inquiries and direct project leads to appropriate technical team member
- Maximize firm exposure and serve as an ambassador of the firm at key events.
- Identify engagement and exposure opportunities in the local design and civic communities
- Provide client related input for proposals and presentations to ensure messaging is client-
focused and relevant
- Manage qualification material, coordinate PR/e-blast material, maintain marketing material and
seek out additional marketing initiatives.
- Work with Principal on strategic planning efforts and Excel spreadsheet input and analysis.
- Facilitate, organize the annual charitable event.
Key Experience, Education and Background
- Degree in Marketing, Architecture or related fields; technical background a plus
- Experience in implementing a client development and retention process. This experience should
include opportunity/client research, lead tracking and follow-up as well as data analysis and
- Experience in creating and implementing training/mentoring programs for technical staff, with a
preference for business development and client retention
- Intermediate understanding of Adobe InDesign Creative Suite, Excel, and Database Management
- Superb grammatical and writing skills
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent
benefits include 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees; 401k with 3% matching;
commuter benefits program; discretionary performance bonus; and usage of the firm’s vacation cabin in
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) your resume and cover letter (PDF or Word/ 10 MB max) that tells
why you are our ideal candidate and why you want to work for our firm. Inquiries that do not follow
these instructions will not be considered.
Non-local candidates will not be considered.
Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.